Monday, April 26, 2010

Lactation Appt with Lili

So today I went in for a meeting with the lactation consultant at the hospital. Lili weighed in at 9lb 3oz and drank 3oz of milk. She is growing and nursing well. I can't wait till things even out and I don't feel like my boobs are going to explode. She is drinking more and sleeping well. She wakes up about every 2.5 to three hours or so on her own. Now if I can get Cora to sleep past 5 or 6am I would be happy. She has been getting up early I think because Grammy, and Oma for another morning. I hope she will go back to the 7am waking as things settle down.

Cora is having a hard time on occasion, as is to be expected. She really wants to touch, hold, and carry Lili but not all of those is a go. She also seems constantly burned out and grumpy. Doesn't matter if she has a nap or not. She just is melting down at not a whole lot. She wants to be really helpful but will melt if its not going the way she wants. I am going to guess that is pretty normal.
It is exhausting though!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, and here's where mama's patience is tested to its max... Hang in there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty normal. All of my kids (except Tyler) went through it. The good news is it eventually gets better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete