Friday, April 2, 2010

Body Cast

eek I decided I was wanting to do a body cast for this munchkin. Cora had many ultrasounds and we had many pictures of her before she got here. Lili isn't going to have the pictures so when I found this idea I thought it would be a great keepsake for her.

I did an internet search about them and figured we didn't have time to get a "kit" and get it here in time so I sent Trent out while he was in Tri-Cities to find a kit but there was none to be found. He went to four stores before Micheal's Craft Store and found the plaster wrap we needed and I got the petrolatum jelly at Bi-Mart on one of my trips.

Wednesday night we had time to sit down and do it. Most of the things I had found online said it would take 20-30 minutes. It was a bit longer than that.... and I thought I was going to fall off the chair. But the final piece looks pretty good. I am not sure how I want to decorate it or if I want to yet - and we still need to cut it down a little to make the sides even.

Here are the photos that Trent took tonight after its had the two days to sit and harden up. Its cell phone pics so until we get a better camera (its supposed to be here on the 6th) these will have to do. I hope the camera gets here before the baby!





That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I love that you made your hands into a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. I wish I had done something like this when my kids were in the womb...

    ReplyDelete